- College Code : 422
- College Website : https://w3.bansaliet.in/
- College Name: Bansal Institute of Engineering & Technology, Lucknow
- College Address : NH-24, Sitapur Road, Behind Sewa Hospital, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226021
The Department of Biotechnology, Bansal Institute of Engineering & Technology, Lucknow (Affiliated to Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow) has conducted AKTU Sponsored 05-Day Faculty Development Programme on “Impact of Bioinformatics, Biotechnology and Molecular Biology on Drug Discovery” from 17th to 22th December, 2020.
The FDP was open to faculty members and research scholars who were keen to learn and enhance their knowledge in the field of Lifesciences. On 17th July 2020, the inauguration session was conducted via online mode, where Dr. S. K. Agarwal, Director BIET; Dr. Anupam Singh, FDP Coordinator; Dr. K. Thangaraj, Director, CDFD Hyderabad and other distinguished guests from research and academics graced the occasion. Director BIET, Dr. S.K. Agarwal and Dr. Anupam Singh delivered a welcome note to all guests and participants.
Various eminent speakers from different reputed institutions delivered talk to make teaching learning process more comprehensible, focused and result oriented. Faculties working in different institutions affiliated from AKTU were invited to get benefit from this golden opportunity. Around 50 faculty members participated from different organizations with great zeal and passion.
• Speakers from both Academia and Research took various sessions.
• Speakers from esteemed institutions such as CDFD Hyderabad, CDRI Lucknow, BHU Varanasi, IIIT Delhi, SGPGI Lucknow and AU Prayagraj covered various topics of lifeciences including Human origin, Role of Bioinformatics, SARS CoV2 , Electron Microscopy and Nanomaterials.
The major topics that is covered in FDP are:
• Human Origin, Health and Disease.
• Role of Bioinformatics in Drug Discovery.
• SARS CoV2 and drug Targets.
• The Role of Electron Microscopy in Biomedical Sciences and Drug Discovery.
• Drug Discovery and Development: Holistic Approach and Strategic Advances.
• Fundamentals and Applications of Bioinformatics in molecular analysis.
• The Role of Biotechnology in Human Welfare.
• Role of Biotechnology and Molecular Biology in Drug Discovery.
• Challenges and Opportunities in Nanomaterial Toxicology
• Computer-aided Designing of Protein/Peptide-based Therapeutics.
• Our genes talk about our health and diseases
• How our body pattern is formed
|Dr. Kumarswamy Thangaraj||Director||CDFD, Hyderabad||Human Genetics|
|Dr. Radha Chaubey||Professor||Department of Zoology, BHU, Varanasi.||Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics|
|Dr. Bechan Sharma||Professor||Department of Biochemistry, Allahabad University, Prayagraj.||Biochemistry|
|Dr. Kalyan Mitra||Principal Scientist||CDRI, Lucknow.||Electron Microscopy|
|Dr. Sanjay Batra||Sr. Principal Scientist||CDRI, Lucknow.||Medicinal Chemistry|
|Dr. Rajnikant Mishra||Professor||Department of Zoology, BHU, Varanasi||Molecular Biology, Bioinfomatics|
|Dr. Sudhir Mehrotra||Professor||Dep. of Biochemistry, Lucknow University, Lucknow||Biochemistry|
|Dr. Alok Dhawan||Director||CBMR, SGPGI, Lucknow||Nanotechnology|
|Prof. Gajendra Raghava||Professor||Department of Computational Biology, IIIT, New Delhi||Bioinformatics|
|Dr. Jagat Kumar Roy||Professor||Department of Zoology, BHU, Varanasi||Molecular Biology, Genetics|